This course will help you get your business into a proactive fraud detection environment that identifies potentially threatening actions before they occur. It presents an effective approach to fraud detection that discovers usual patterns, identifies red flags, and aligns trends. It will equip you with new ways of conducting fraud analysis that will broaden your ability to try new and diverse tools.
Utilizing methods for identifying specific areas of fraud risk and fraudulent activities, this course will cover the schematics of fraud and fraud analytics; the evolution of fraud analytics; the analytical process; using ACL Analytics in the face of Excel; fraud analytics versus predictive analytics; detecting fraud with IDEA data analysis software; Centrifuge analytics – is big data enough?; i2 Analyst Notebook and fraud analytics; and new trends in fraud analytics and tools.
- Course #: 1090B
- Delivery: Self-Study
- CPE Hours: 6
- Course Level: Basic
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparation: None
- NASBA Area of Study: Auditing
- Total Pages: 170
- Questions: 30
- To recall characteristics of detection of occupational fraud
- To identify differences between fraud prevention and detection
- To recognize the stages in the fraud analysis process
- To recognize characteristics of ACL analytical software
- To recognize the uses for predictive modeling
- To identify when CaseWare IDEA is best used
- To recognize the phases of Centrifuge VNA fraud analysis
- To recognize the attributes of IBM’s i2 Analyst’s Notebook
- To identify analysis techniques used when there is a large amount of data
- To recall some of the new trends in fraud analytics
Table of Contents
Annual Membership: $149
Receive unlimited access to all courses offered by Sequoia CPE for 1 year (no ethics included).
100% Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may receive a
full refund any time in the first 45 days of membership. Please call Customer Service
at 1-800-572-9675 with any concerns or to request a refund.
Sequoia CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing
professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the
National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.